Friday, January 21, 2011

"Dear Rockstar" with Steven Adler and Chip Z Nuff



This edition of "Dear Rockstar" is with original Guns and Roses and current Adler's Appetite drummer Steven Adler and Enuff Z Nuff, current Adler's Appetite ( and legendary Howard Stern Show Guest) bass player, Chip Z Nuff. I caught up with them at Rock Bottom Music after their meet and greet and before their Augusta gig.

John Berret: What inspired you to start playing?

Chip Z Nuff: My fathers old records. They were always on. The Don Kirshner show was also a big inspiration.

Steven Adler:The passion and love of music and wanting to be able to create it myself. To get there I had to practice, practice, practice!

JB: How long did you play before you played your first gig?

Chip: A couple of years.

Adler: I think about 2 years.

JB: What was your favorite gig?

Adler: It was Castle Donnington ion England in 1988. We played with Iron Maiden, Kiss, Megadeth and David Lee Roth. Playing with the Rolling Stones too.

JB: Who is your favorite player?

Chip:Too many to list but I would say Paul McCartney, Jim Beacon and Geddy Lee.

Adler:Roger Taylor of Queen.

JB: Whats your favorite piece of gear?

Chip:My 1963 Fender P bass and my 12 string waterstone bass.

JB:Whats your favorite currentband?

Adler: The Foo Fighters.

Chip:A band from San Diego California called Louis the 14th.



They were a very gracious band and greeted the fans very well. Until next time guys keep reading and see whos next on "Dear Rockstar."

1 comment:

  1. great! I was there today and steven and the other guys were nice as can be.

    ReplyDelete