Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Spotlight Licks: Eric Rinker



I've been noticing a lot of cool guitar "licks" and "riffs" here on JohnJohn's blog, so here's my contribution.


This is a guitar line I wrote for my band Artemia. The song is called "Love you Crazy". It's fun, interesting, and probably a bit challenging.
Each section has something a little different in it, so pay attention to details! It's what brings a little style to the table when you play.


To make it even more fun, I'm including the drum tracks for the song so you can play along with it by yourself.
I've also included one with me playing it so you can get an idea of what the final outcome should be.
The tabs are in PDF format, so hopefully you have a reader. You do. But If you don't,


http://adobe.com


This may not be just a lick, but I promise you'll have a lot of fun playing it once you get it down.
Wanna hear the rest of it? Of course you do, and you can if you come see Artemia play!


The song with me playing it...

http://www.divshare.com/download/13500463-741

Here's just the drums. ( 4 count on the hihat and then start rockin')

http://www.divshare.com/download/13500462-2ce


And finally the TABS:
http://www.divshare.com/download/13500464-d22



I really don't like putting my 2 cents on someone's "Spotlight Lick" but i have to on this one. What Eric has done here is simply amazing. He supplied a track of what it should sound like ( he wrote, recorded, mixed, and EVERYTHING!), he supplied a drum backing track for you to play along with ( which he also did everything on) and he supplied the TABS and STANDARD NOTATION for his piece. I am floored and you guys should be too. I am gonna get working on this along with you guys! Thank you very much Eric Rinker!!!

p.s. Eric is known around our area for being an incredible drummer. This piece shows how talented a guitar player, writer, audio engineer and all around amazing musician he is. He doesn't even try to be badass, he just is.

p.s.s. this lick is in standard pitch tuning with a drop D low string (in other words...DROP D)

3 comments:

  1. it's in drop D. just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really a great riff. kudos to eric for putting this all together! im impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Mr. Anonymous!

    :)

    ReplyDelete