Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spotlight Licks


I am gonna start something new called "Spotlight Licks." It might not be every week but will be close to it. I am going to include myself and other guitar players I come across. It's just little nibbles and bits to expand your lick vocabulary. It might help you or it might not. It is something I think will be fun and give you an insight into a players mind. The first one is one of my licks with the first partbeing from something Micheal Baideme showed me. It is based of the A minor blues scale and the A dorian mode. You will want to use a downstroke for the first notes and an upstroke on the next notes. I am talking about the notes where it is fret 7 on the b string and 8 on the e as the first notes and the up on the 5th fret b and 5th fret e string notes. The rest you can kinda feel how you want to pick it. I just use alternate picking. The first notes ( 7&8 fret one) there is a 1/4 step bend on the 7th fret note on the b string. Just hit the two notes together and bend the 7th fret b string note a 1/4 step, let it ring for a second and proceed to the rest of the lick. You can make the timing however you feel. I can bet once you play it you will make it your own. You can click on the picture of the lick to make it bigger.I got some great licks from great players coming in the future. Have fun and hit that woodshed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment